- OCGA has the delegated authority to accept certain awards on behalf of UCLA. Delegation of Authority found in UCLA Policy 910
- Awards are received in a variety of methods and are handled by the Award Intake Team:
- Automated Email notification (NIH, NSF, ONR)
- Directly to OCGA staff
- Hardcopy mail
- Retrieval from Electronic Databases (WAWF, FedConnect)
- Awards are then identified with a matching record in internal system (using PI, Sponsor, Proposal Title) and uploaded into matching record and are either processed by the Award Intake team or assigned to the appropriate officer or analyst.
- What happens if there is no existing proposal on file with OCGA?
- If no existing record, then uploaded as an Award Received Without Proposal. OCGA cannot take any action until proposal materials are received.
- OCGA strives to expedite the acceptance of awards whenever possible. The following considerations can affect the processing of an award:
- The University and sponsor may need to negotiate award terms and conditions.
- Delays may arise from incomplete or missing internal documentation, ARC approvals, coverage analysis, Disclosure of Financial Interest, IRB approvals and Certifications & Representations.
- Proposals to Industry Sponsors (for-profit) and Industry funded Clinical Trials are the responsibility of other campus administrative offices
Page Last Updated: June 22, 2017